Faq Why is plaster so popular?
- Superior Bonding
- High strength and rapid curing Extremely etch resistant
- Ease of application
- Aggregate exposure easily controlled
Why You Should Use Plaster?
Plaster has been used as a swimming pool surface coating for the past 50 years. This experience has shown that plaster is a durable surface that can stand up to the environment of proper pool water chemistry. There is no other pool surface on the market with this time tested history.
- Draining the pool using our equipment.
- Prep entire pool, cut and chip under the tile and remove hollow areas.
- Bond coat pool. Bond coat is a special primer made by SGM to insure a rough surface for correct bonding of the new finish.
- In some cases sand blasting is done which eliminates previous step.
- Sand blasting is required if a pool has been painted or is fiber-glass. This insures bonding takes place and for you to receive your warranty from the manufacturer (sand blasting is subcontracted).
- Two coats of your desired product and color.
- Wash down pool, replace main drain cover and immediately begin filling your pool.
- Water filtration tanks for city water is included. Start-up chemicals and stabilizers for a one time visit are included.
- We also install waterline tile and edge coping. We offer a wide range of tile selection and color.