Faq Why is plaster so popular?
- Superior Bonding
- High strength and rapid curing Extremely etch resistant
- Ease of application
- Aggregate exposure easily controlled
Traditional plaster is the oldest and most common pool finish. White Cement and Marble Sand are combined with water to create the plaster for the pool's interior. Plaster installation is highly specialized and applied by true craftsman who trowel the plaster to a smooth finish. Southern Pool Plasterers, does not cut any corners with the materials that are used to produce the pool plaster. We use only the best white high performance cement and the whitest and purest crushed marble sand available on the market today.
The most common finish used on gunite pools is plaster and is the final step to complete your pool. Plaster gives the pool a smooth waterproof finish and provides a non-skid walking surface on the bottom of the pool.
Though most pools are finished in white plaster, a mixture of white cement and white marble dust, other colors are increasing in popularity and are available at an additional cost. To ensure long-lasting quality and a smooth finish, Southern Pool Plasterers, applies two coats of plaster which is then hand-troweled numerous times for the desired finish.
Upon completion of the plaster, your pool is filled immediately in order for the plaster to cure underwater. Shortly thereafter, your pool is ready for use providing many years of pleasure and enjoyment.
Why You Should Use Plaster?
Plaster has been used as a swimming pool surface coating for the past 50 years. This experience has shown that plaster is a durable surface that can stand up to the environment of proper pool water chemistry. There is no other pool surface on the market with this time tested history.
Plaster is the most economical pool surface. Its initial cost is well below more expensive options. In addition, the average plaster surface can easily last 15 to 25 years, which makes plaster one of the most economical components of a swimming pool. That's value for your investment.
Taking care of your pool takes time and attention. As time goes on and mistakes are made, a pool surface can become stained, discolored, and/or damaged. Stains on a plastered pool can be chemically removed or sanded off. A plaster surface can tolerated several of these procedures in its lifetime.
The secret to long life of any pool surface is properly maintained water balance. Improper water balance will destroy any pool surface and in many cases, void the warranty of that surface. A plaster surface, in a properly maintained pool, can last 15 to 25 years.
There is a lot of concern today about toxic products. Pool plaster is made from some of Mother Nature's finest materials. Plaster, being a cement product, is part of the largest segment of the construction industry. The backbone of construction and the world is cement.
Pool Plaster is available world-wide. You need not worry that your pool surface will become obsolete. Plaster can be done in a wide variety of colors to create any appearance desired. The color is not just surface coating but continuous through the entire material. In addition, options are available for different finish techniques including Diamond Brite and exposed aggregate that allow for great variety in obtaining a desired pool appearance.
- Draining the pool using our equipment.
- Prep entire pool, cut and chip under the tile and remove hollow areas.
- Bond coat pool. Bond coat is a special primer made by SGM to insure a rough surface for correct bonding of the new finish.
- In some cases sand blasting is done which eliminates previous step.
- Sand blasting is required if a pool has been painted or is fiber-glass. This insures bonding takes place and for you to receive your warranty from the manufacturer (sand blasting is subcontracted).
- Two coats of your desired product and color.
- Wash down pool, replace main drain cover and immediately begin filling your pool.
- Water filtration tanks for city water is included. Start-up chemicals and stabilizers for a one time visit are included.
- We also install waterline tile and edge coping. We offer a wide range of tile selection and color.
- Roof Top - Prado Condo, City Place
- Equus - Boynton Beach - community Pool
- Summit Pines - west palm beach
- Boca Towers - Boca Raton
- Briny Breezes - Delray Beach
- Wellington Downs, Wellington, cool blue
- East Point, Palm Beach Gardens, Miami blue
- Marina Towers, North Palm Beach, Miami blue w/marina
- The Shores, Boca Raton, bluestone
- Hidden Harbor, Royal Palm Beach, Miami blue
- Pine Cones, Wellington, Miami blue
- Island Reach, Boynton, cool blue
- Pines of Boca Barwood, Boca Raton, Miami blue
- Palms West Therapeutic pool, Royal Palm Beach, cool blue
- Villiagio, Lake Worth, Miami blue
- Hunters Run, Boynton, cool blue
- Gables Boca Place, Boca, blue
- Riverbridge, Greenacres, cool blue
- Kings Point, Delray and Boynton, Miami blue
- Cascades, Boynton Beach, cool blue
- Ocean Royal, Jupiter, marlin
- Boynton Beach YMCA, Boynton, aqua